Classic Red Sauce with Meat -
The wait is over – the new San Marcos Creek Vineyard Red Table Wine has arrived! Open up that bottle, pour yourself a nice big glass (save some for the sauce!), and get cookin’ in the kitchen. Here is our favorite recipe for old-fashioned spaghetti sauce – just like Grandma used to make on Sundays. Simply add your favorite garlic bread and a green salad…MANGIA!!
Classic Red Sauce with Meat
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef ( or 3/4 lb beef, 3/4 lb bulk Italian sausage)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup San Marcos Creek Red Table Wine
Brown the beef in a large, heavy bottomed pot, then drain off the fat. Add the onion, green pepper, and garlic and saute until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, seasonings, and water. Simmer for 30 minutes. Let cool. The sauce will keep for several days covered and refrigerated. Serve with spaghetti or your favorite pasta.