Pork Tenderloin with Merlot Mushrooms -
With the holidays fast approaching, it’s that time of year for entertaining friends and family. This recipe is the best of both worlds – easy and impressive. Enjoy with San Marcos Creek 2005 Estate Merlot.
- 1 package pork tenderloins, trimmed of fat
- teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup San Marcos Creek Merlot
For the mushrooms:
- 1 (8 ounce) package button mushrooms or portabello mushrooms, halved
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup San Marcos Creek Merlot
- reserved stock
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Rub the minced garlic into the tenderloins and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
1. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan and sear the tenderloins on both sides until browned.
2. Place tenderloins in a shallow baking pan and add the wine to the sauté pan and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the tbsp of butter and heat until just melted.
4. Pour the half of the sauce from the sauté pan over the tenderloins, reserving the rest of the sauce for the mushrooms.
5. Bake the tenderloins at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
6. During the last 5 minutes of baking, heat 2 tsp butter and the reserved sauce in a sauté pan.
7. Add 2 tsp minced garlic and the mushrooms and sauté on high heat until golden brown.
8. Add the 1/2 cup Merlot and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
9. Season with the salt and pepper.
10. Serve the mushrooms on the side or slice the pork tenderloins and serve a small amount of the mushrooms on top the tenderloins.